An augmented-reality mobile application designed for art-seekers and art-makers.
Over the course of this semester, our team of five BHCI students worked on ArtBytes, a mobile application designed for art-seekers and art-makers. From January to May 2016, our team completed a detailed and holistic process of assessing and improving upon the app’s user flow and features. ArtBytes:
We extracted that in order for the use of technology to be worthwhile, it must encourage careful thought and personal expression. These are two goals of art-seekers, and also goals of the institution. Secondly, it must leverage existing museum-goer behavior. This includes social aspects as well as personal aspects, including documentation of experiences through photos.
We created five storyboards to test the existing concept of ArtBytes and additional features. We tested these storyboards with 10 participants and asked each to read through the storyboard. We then asked them to provide feedback and answered any questions.
The main goal of these user tests was to understand the discrepancies between users’ mental models of creation and the creation workflow.
All rounds of user testing were completed by participants who expressed interest in visiting museums and sharing their experiences with their friends, matching the predefined personas.
designed and developed by me!